We wish to support the best possible use of 5toFold. We do this by teaching, supporting ongoing learning and by sharing information in different ways.
5toFold can be adapted for a variety of circumstances. However, we wish to share with you the main aspects of our preferred and recommended way, so that it stays a true 5toFold process.
Before the 5toFold meeting
- The group has agreed to use this process.
- There is no “back-up” decision-making process in place to “over-rule” a Fold.
- 5toFold is only used in real time meetings, in-person or online.
- Every proposal has one or more sponsors who bring the proposal to the meeting.
- The facilitator’s role includes being unattached to the outcome of the decision making process.
During the 5toFold meeting
- The group is seated in a circle.
- The meeting is facilitated and starts with an opportunity for the participants to “land and focus”. We prefer to use Whole Person Process Facilitation, WPPF, starting with a transfer-in and then an invitation to share hopes and fears for the meeting.
- The facilitator guides the process; without engaging in the content of the proposal or participating in the voting.
- Every proposal is shared in writing as well as spoken in the circle by the sponsor/s.
- The sponsor/s of a proposal express their invitation for people to tap into their wisdom and follow what has heart and meaning for them. All outcomes of the meeting are seen as successful, a Fold as much as an acceptance of the proposal. Both support the long-term benefit of the team/organization.
- The process is given adequate time for each step to be completed.
- There is a plan for situations where the time runs out before the decision making process gets completed.
- There is a plan for how to support the process after the decision, including the possibility that there is a Fold.
Would you like to learn more about using 5toFold?